The Southern Cross Grammar uniform is an important aspect of the School’s commitment to building a safe and respectful school environment with high expectations for all students. The SCG dress code exemplifies care in personal presentation and enhances the reputation of the individual and the School. The uniform must be worn in the correct manner on all school occasions, including when travelling to and from school. Please refer to the Southern Cross Grammar Uniform Policy for more information.
Students are permitted to wear their full sport uniform to school on the days that they have Sport or Physical Education. In cases where there might be variation from this routine (e.g. House Events), parents will be given notice in writing. When attending a sporting fixture, students must wear the School tracksuit. Correct sport uniform is to be worn at practices and matches unless otherwise arranged by coaches.
All uniform items listed on the Uniform Price List are able to be purchased from the approved uniform supplier, except for shoes.
To assist with the return of lost items all articles of clothing, bags, books, equipment and personal property should be clearly labelled with the owner’s name. We recommend using iron-on labels.
- During Terms 1 and 4, students are able to wear the full summer or full winter uniform
- During Terms 2 and 3, students are required to wear the full winter uniform
- For students in Years 3 and above, the school blazer should be worn to and from school every day. During the warmer months, students will be advised during the day as to whether they will be required to wear the blazer home.
Appearance and dress code
- All students are required to wear the correct school uniform to and from school.
- Hair must be well-groomed. Extremes in hairstyle, colour or length are unacceptable. For boys, hair must be above the shirt collar. Boys are not allowed to wear their hair in a ‘bun’ or tied up. If girls wear their hair long, it must be tied back with a hair tie, scrunchie, ribbon or headband in the colours of the school.
- Make-up is not allowed.
- Rings, necklaces, wrist chains or bands are not allowed (a single, non-visible religious symbol on a necklace is permitted).
- Girls with pierced ears are permitted to wear one pair of matching plain silver or gold studs or sleepers, one per ear. A small silver crystal/diamond is permitted. Earrings are not to exceed 3mm in diameter. No other visible body piercing is permitted.
- From Year 10 only, boys with pierced ears are permitted to wear one single or one pair of matching plain silver or gold studs, one per ear. A small silver crystal/diamond is permitted. Earrings are not to exceed 3mm in diameter. No other visible body piercing is permitted.
- Girls' dresses must be at least knee-length.
- Boys' shirts must be tucked in during class time and before and after school.
- The Sport jacket is not to be worn over the top of the formal uniform.
- The Anorak or Spray jacket is only for outdoor use only during PE classes in inclement weather (as instructed by the teacher).
- Hats must be worn correctly during PE, Recess and Lunch during Terms 1 and 4. Hats can be worn at the discretion of the PE teacher during Terms 2 and 3.
A copy of the Southern Cross Grammar Uniform Price List and Guidelines can be found below.
543 Keilor Road
Niddrie VIC 3042
Ph: (03) 9379 5037
Please click here to book a fitting appointment with Noone Imagewear.